Spring is here. So are predatory contractors. This type of roof contractor goes door to door immediately after a damaging storm comes through your neighborhood. These sales men will prey on your fears. They say just sign here and we will pay your deductable and get your insurance to pay for your roof. In Tennessee and Mississippi the practice is illegal and puts you on the hook for insurance fraud, now you should be afraid. Did you know if you want out of one of these roofers contracts you are legally bound to pay them up to 50% of you insurance claim for defaulting on their contract, I’m afraid for you now. Most of these type of roofing contractor are from out of state, unaware of local Memphis roofing codes, uninsured or not properly licensed for roofing. But it’s easy to combat this problem, only use professional local Memphis roofing contractors. Local Memphis roofers will be here to service your warranty long after the fly by night gypsy roofing contractor is gone. Here is a short list of must do’s
- Pick 3 local Memphis roofing contractors
- Check the BBB look for A+ (+) means 8 plus years with no unresolved complaints
- Check with your states board for licensing contractors for proper license
- Call people who the roofing contractor has recently worked for
- Ask for current Insurance information
If you cover these basics you will be happy with the outcome.
For one of your 3 Free estimates call Roof Pro of Memphis LLC (901) 465-5558